Hi guys! So today is the today that I am deciding to lose weight “once and for all”. What I really mean is once every few months I give myself a kick up the ar*e and decide it’s time to shed some pounds. So here are my tips for getting and staying motivated!
1. Do what works for YOU- It’s all well and good deciding that you are going to go sober or eliminate chocolate out of your diet but are you really going to be able to keep it up? You have to do what will work for you, I couldn’t go on a no carb diet because I don’t eat meat so I would find it very hard to have a variety of meals and make it long lasting. For me, I know that I can lose weight easily by using Slimfast shakes and then slowly but surely transitioning to meals, the shakes make my stomach shrink back down to normal after Christmas and give me the kick-start that I need. I get down (but I get up again) if I can’t see a difference instantly so I need that couple weeks of large weightloss to keep my spirits high!
2. Plan- You can’t just hope for the best when it comes to losing weight. If you know you are going out for tea, maybe don’t have such a big lunch or try and exercise that day. For example, I know that I will use Slimfast for a short period of time and slowly transition to solid food because I know that works. I wouldn’t just be on Slimfast and then once I have lost my desired amount of weight go straight to eating ‘normal’ because I know I would just put it all back on again!
3. Don’t postpone your happiness- I think a lot of people (myself included) wait until they have lost weight to feel good about themselves. You can’t think like that. If you are constantly unhappy or beating yourself up about your weight then your aren’t going to lose it. You need to lose weight for yourself and because you love yourself. You need to want to be healthy to reward your body and because you love it and appreciate all that it can do. Be happy!
4. Have your goal in sight- Remember your goal and why you are doing this. Because you want to be healthy, you want to lower your risk of heart disease, or maybe you just want to fit into the dress you have had for years and refuse to throw out! Keep little reminders around so that you are getting little bursts of motivation throughout the day. You could make fun posters (or just use mine), have an alert on your phone set with a motivational quote, or even have your ringtone set as a song that makes you feel happy and ready to “face the world” aka go outside…
5. Stop comparing yourself to others- Focus on yourself. Your 100% might be someone else’s 60% and that is okay! I know that sometimes its hard when you are panting after a 10 minute jog and the person next to you has been running for an hour and hasn’t even broke a sweat but you have to ignore them and be proud of your little achievements. GO YOU!
Just as a little disclaimer- I am NOT saying that anyone has you lose weight. Everyone is beautiful as they are, whether you’re a size 2 or a size 22 you are an amazing, amazing person and I love you! I think that there is nothing more attractive than confidence and I love it when I see plus size women/men walking round like they own the place! I just know that some of us aren’t that confident and losing weight will be a little helping hand. Everyone should have a positive relationship with food and be able to eat without feeling guilty, and even if I could help one person with this post, that is enough for me. I hope you all have a great week, goodbye for now little buns!